Author: Adam Fuller Source code: https://github.com/scaffold-eth/scaffold-eth-examples/tree/lender#quickstart Intended audience: Beginners/Intermediate Topics: Scaffold-eth basics, Aave, ETH-DAI
a component for depositing & borrowing assets on Aave
git clone -b lender https://github.com/scaffold-eth/scaffold-eth-examples.git lender-scaffold
- In a second terminal window run:
This branch uses a local fork of mainnet, which is easy to do with Hardhat (see here to learn more). The template configuration uses an Infura node, however this is not a full archive node, so it will only work for an hour or so. To get a long-lasting fork...
- Go to alchemyapi.io and get an API key for mainnet
- Replace the Infura URL with an Alchemy URL with your API key (i.e. https://eth-mainnet.alchemyapi.io/v2/<API_KEY_HERE>) into the
forkscript on line 28 of /packages/hardhat/package.json
- Send your burner wallet some ETH using the faucet
- Swap some ETH for DAI
- Go to "Lend" and Deposit DAI into Aave
- Borrow whatever assets you want!
- The on-chain requests are quite heavy for this branch, so it can sometimes take the mainnet fork a little while to get going - you may need to refresh several times before everything is cached.